How to Make Character with Graphic Sprite Sheet Tutorial
Do you like gaming? Do you ever want to make your own game? Take it commercial? Making a game is not only about design indeed. You have to think the story plan, the heroes, enemy, problems and etc. making a game is starting by creating a character. You can start by imagining how you would create a character for hero or enemy or another image. Before we talk about how to make a character sprite sheets, let me explain to you the background. A game would not separate with a character, the character that we called as hero, enemy or anything takes a part on the story of game.
In making a character, we will often see sprite sheet. What is Sprite sheet? Sprite sheet is a term that means a group of pictures that joined in to a moving picture (a pictures clip video). In making the game character, we often come across the term sprite sheet. What the sprite sheet?? Sprite sheet is a collection of images that combine to be a moving image. Is it quite difficult to design a character? The answer is NO. But it will be more difficult to share your idea and joining it with a story plan. It will need more concentration also in drawing your imaginary character in to an empty paper.
This is a graphic sprite sheet tutorial about how to make a character sprite sheet by using a vector design?
This time I will explain how to create a sprite sheet design vector character in a game. And before
I will explain first, what is a vector design. The purpose of the design is a vector image objectusing coordinate points and the particular formula. The use of vector design will be more economical in terms of the volume of the file, but in terms of processor usage will use a lot of memory.
And there are several programs that can be used to create a vector design. Among which are CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, and Micrografx Designer.
This time I will use CorelDraw to create a design vector.
1. First of all, we must make the first character sprite sheet that we will need to build the game. Simply put, we can create an image on paper; any movement is needed in the game.
2. you can start by scan a sprite sheet / character pattern that we have the image earlier, and then exported into CorelDraw. After we export into CorelDraw, then we are ready to make the design into a vector.
3. it will be better to use the pen tool to create a curve in CorelDraw. Make a line with the pen tool. Follow the pattern in the image that has been exported into CorelDraw.
4. Give color to the pattern that was made with a color pallet that has been provided, then remove the outline with a direct pointer to outline and select "no outline"
5. Make the following pattern corresponding to the pattern on the image we export earlier, the same steps as above to be as shown below
6. Next, provide shading in the image. By the way, make a curve with the pen tool and give the color a bit dark on the parts. Suppose the face. Search a slightly darker color than the base color shading placement of face. we must also take into account. Take part in the corner of the corner of the picture.
7. After you give shading to the picture, it will be like in the picture below.
8. After the image with the view looks from the front has been completed, the next we create an image with a view from the side, and sprite movement which will we create animations in the game. To create an image with a view seen from the side, the steps are the same as above. Make curve with pain tool, follow the pattern of the original image that has been exported, give color to the curve that we created, and provide shading for the final stage / finishing.
And as the end result, this is the result of the vector character design for games that we created earlier.
Simple and simple is not it?? You also can certainly make your own character design, with imagination you have. And for your information, after you've finished creating your character designs along with sprite its own sheet, you can start building your game by using adobe flash, game maker studio, or any other game engine.
Thus graphic sprite sheet tutorial designs for the game of my character. Hopefully this simple tutorial of how to make graphic sprite will be very helpful for you and good luck.